CeADARConnect AI Training Manager
Click Here to Apply: bit.ly/3EauHwf
Salary: €50,000 – 54,000
(Specified purpose role for circa 10 months initially)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of AI Training Manager in the CeADAR Connect group at CeADAR – Ireland’s Centre for Applied Artificial Intelligence (CeADAR). CeADAR is part funded by Enterprise Ireland and the IDA and is the national centre for applied artificial intelligence. Its market-focussed agenda is developed in conjunction with its strong membership base of over 90 MNCs and SMEs. See www.ceadar.ie for further details.
CeADAR is seeking an experienced individual for the CeADAR Connect Group (CCG) to focus on developing and delivering industrial training and active learning-based bespoke programs to help companies upskill their data science capabilities. CeADAR Training Function aims to democratise applied AI through active learning.
Serving as a “connection between CeADAR and industry clients and members” and engaging with a range of industry verticals, the CeADAR Connect Group (CCG) delivers AI/ML-focused R&D and technology solutions to the clients. This is an opportunity to work on a number of diverse and exciting projects in the area of data science and use this learning to develop a set of instructor-independent learning courses.
CeADAR is hosted in UCD and is based off-campus in Belfield Ofice Park. . The team conducts applied research in AI and analytics and develops applications in cooperation with our industry partners. The applied research at CeADAR covers broad aspects of AI and data analytics including real-time analytics, machine learning, prediction, natural language processing, and computer vision. This is a unique opportunity to work on a range of advanced AI projects in collaboration with industry partners and other applied researchers at the cutting edge of the ’recently possible’.This is also an exciting opportunity to be involved in the training of a strategic and nationally important area of AI and Analytics.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: UCD is committed to creating an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated, and everyone is afforded equality of opportunity. To that end the university adheres to a range of equality, diversity and inclusion policies. We encourage applicants to consult those policies here https://www.ucd.ie/equality/. We welcome applications from everyone, including those who identify with any of the protected characteristics that are set out in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy.
- Develop a virtual learner platform and tailored training programmes for data science and AI applications in various industry verticals.
- Develop active-learning based engaging content in the areas of data science and AI for CeADAR member companies.
- Design and implement technical tools and appropriate web interfaces for the deployment and delivery of training programmes.
- Hands-on research and development activities as required, including devising technical solutions, implementing software, evaluating proposed solutions in the field of AI and analytics. Specific areas of expertise include advanced traditional machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing (transformers), computer vision, big data processing and storage frameworks.
- Dissemination of projects results and evangelisation of technologies at industry events.
- Authorship of project reports, technical papers, and state-of-the-art reviews.
- Mentoring of junior staff and interns.
- Review and advise on bespoke industry training courses for data science and AI practitioners.
- Develop and deliver workshops and training courses in AI/ML to CeADAR clients and industry members.
- Scoping of research projects or case studies for industry partners’ learning programmes.
- Developing a suite of learning opportunities for industry partners.
- Management of projects with industry members.
- Assisting with business development activities when required.
Any other duties
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Head of CeADAR Connect Group or Centre Director.
- MSc/PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience building and delivering courses in the areas of AI and ML at a postgraduate university level.
- 2-3 years of experience with developing, deploying and maintaining full-stack ML/AI and software development solutions.
- Knowledge of data analytics methods and experience with machine learning and related technologies (e.g., scikitlearn), including deep learning technologies (e.g., Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow).
- Expertise in the application of machine learning for both structured and unstructured datasets including deep learning for machine vision and/or natural language processing tasks.
- Strong software development skills using Python or similar web-compliant languages.
- Strong database skills and data wrangling techniques.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to learn and explore new tech and data science tools.
- Experience working closely with industry partners on machine learning projects, particularly developing project specifications and delivering to deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation skills with demonstrated experience of delivering training to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with presentations on advanced data analytics to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of working in industry in a data analytics/machine learning/AI role.
- Experience deploying and managing cloud solutions using docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience in managing and processing large volumes of data.
- Knowledge of IP process and experience of IP protection.
- Knowledge of National and European (HEU) funding mechanisms.