Applications are invited for 2 x temporary posts of a Data Scientist 1 within UCD School of Computer Science – CeADAR.
CeADAR is seeking an experienced and high-calibre individual who has a demonstrated successful track record in AI/data science covering technical leadership, securing funding awards, project management and business development activities.
The selected candidate will join CeADARConnect Group (CCG) as a data scientist and work with CeADAR member companies to propose, develop, and deliver AI/ML solutions. Serving as a “connection between CeADAR and industry clients and members” and engaging with a range of industry verticals, the CeADARConnect group delivers AI/ML-focused R&D and technology solutions to the clients. This is an opportunity to work on a number of diverse and exciting projects in the area of data science and use this learning to develop state-of-the-art applied AI solutions.
CeADAR is part funded by Enterprise Ireland and the IDA and is the national centre for applied AI. Its market-focussed agenda is developed in conjunction with its strong membership base of many MNCs and SMEs. See www.ceadar.ie for further details. The research at CeADAR covers a broad spectrum including explainable AI, computer vision, cybersecurity, machine learning, prediction, text mining and natural language processing.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work on a range of advanced projects in collaboration with industry partners and other researchers at the cutting edge of AI.
Salary Range: €43,000 – €53,000 per annum
Closing date: 17:00hrs (local Irish time) on 10th August 2022.
• Technical ownership of projects, including projects in association with company partners and state-agency funded projects.
• Hands-on research and development activities as required, including devising technical solutions, implementing software, evaluating proposed solutions in the field of data analytics/AI. Specific areas of expertise include explainable AI, machine learning (including deep learning), real-time and time series data analytics, text mining and natural language processing.
• Experience scoping and development of project proposals in a client-facing environment.
• Experience and design and delivery of technical trainings in the areas of data science and applied AI.
• Dissemination of research findings and evangelisation of technologies at industry events
• Authorship of project reports, technical papers, and state-of-the-art reviews
• Excellent organisational skills including a proven ability to work to deadlines and on multiple projects and concurrent tasks
• Management of research projects with company partners
• Scoping of research projects for industry partners
• Assisting with business development and commercialisation activities when required
Any other duties
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by the CeADARConnect Manager and Centre Director
• MSc or PhD in Data Science/Data Analytics/Machine Learning, preferably with a computer science/mathematics/physics background.
• 2-4 years implementation experience in designing, developing, packaging, and delivering quality AI/ML models and data science solutions.
• Knowledge of data analytics methods and experience of the application of machine learning techniques.
• Strong software development skills using Java, Python, Scala or similar languages as well as experience with databases
• Experience working closely with industry partners on data analytics/AI projects, particularly in relation to research-based proof-of-concept development
• Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience of writing technical papers, project reports and state of the art reviews of emerging technologies
• Flexibility to travel when required to attend European events, meetings and conferences
• Candidates must demonstrate an awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion agenda
• Experience of working in industry in a data analytics/machine learning/AI role
• Experience in managing and processing large volumes of data
• Knowledge of IP process and experience of IP protection
• Experience developing and delivering technical trainings in the areas of data science and AI
• Knowledge of National and European (H2020) funding mechanisms
Enter 014865 in the UCD Job’s Portal