- Finding persons with certain behaviours and attributes in network data is a challenging task.
- Current approaches may only take into account content information and discard any network influences and metrics
- Growing need for people aggregator systems to locate users with particular interests or skillsets
- We use statistical text analytics, and network analysis to build a network of related users.
- We then refine this network based on a set of topics created by the user plus reputation and social influence metrics.
- User-defined topic keywords are augmented from the live Twitter stream to enrich the search keyword lists.
- Search keywords are re-weighted based on user feedback on the accounts returned and the search can be carried out afresh.
Future of this Technology Solution
- Network search solutions are a dynamic area and one which is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years.
- People search engines will be augmented with thematic clustering and recommendation algorithms
- Metrics will be available to rapidly and accurately cluster social media users based on their social content and connections.
- Finding users similar to one another will be an area of interest
- Increasing volume of accounts on social media
- People search engines augmented with thematic clustering and recommendation algorithms
- Cluster social media users based on area of expertise
- Near-real time retrieval of results from user searches
- Gerard Lynch (UCD)
- Hodei Iraola (UCD)
- Oisín Boydell (UCD)
- Pádraig Cunningham (UCD)
- Kevin Neary (Connectors Marketplace)
- Aidan Connolly (Idiro)
For more information, please visit: https://licence.ucd.ie/tech/506