CeADAR – Ireland’ Centre for Applied Data Analytics is seeking an experienced individual for the CeADARConnect group to focus on developing and delivering industrial training and active learning-based bespoke programs to help companies upskill their data science capabilities.
Serving as a “connection between CeADAR and industry clients and members” and engaging with a range of industry verticals, the CeADARConnect group delivers AI/ML-focused R&D and technology solutions to the clients. This is an opportunity to work on a number of diverse and exciting projects in the area of data science and use this learning to develop a set of bespoke learning courses.
This is a unique fixed term opportunity (16 months) to be involved in the training of a strategic and nationally important area of AI and Analytics in collaboration with industry partners and other applied researchers at the cutting edge of the ’recently possible’.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a virtual learner platform and tailored training programmes for data science and AI applications in various industry verticals.
- Hands-on research and development activities as required, including devising technical solutions, implementing software, evaluating proposed solutions in the field of data analytics. Specific areas of expertise include advanced traditional machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing (transformers), computer vision, big data processing and storage frameworks.
- Dissemination of projects results and evangelisation of technologies at industry events.
- Authorship of project reports, technical papers, and state-of-the-art reviews.
- Mentoring of junior staff and interns.
- Review and advise on bespoke industry training courses for data science and AI practitioners.
- Develop and deliver workshops and training courses in AI/ML to CeADAR clients and industry members.
- Scoping of research projects or case studies for industry partners learning programme.
- Developing a suite of learning opportunities for industry partners.
- Management of research projects with industry members.
- Assisting with business development activities when required.
Any other duties
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the CeADARConnect Manager or Centre Director.
Salary: Starting at €43,000
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post. Applications will be assessed on the basis of how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
- PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year experience developing applied data science (machine learning) solutions.
- Knowledge of data analytics methods and experience with machine learning and related technologies (e.g. scikitlearn), including deep learning technologies (e.g., Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow).
- Expertise in the application of machine learning for both structured and unstructured datasets including deep learning for machine vision and/or natural language processing tasks.
- Strong software development skills using Java, Python or similar languages.
- Strong database skills and data wrangling techniques.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to learn and explore new tech and data science tools.
- Experience working closely with industry partners on machine learning projects, particularly developing project specifications and delivering to deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation skills with demonstrated experience of delivering training to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with presentations on advanced data analytics to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of working in industry in a data analytics/machine learning/AI role.
- Experience in managing and processing large volumes of data.
- Knowledge of IP process and experience of IP protection.
- Knowledge of National and European (H2020) funding mechanisms.
CeADAR is funded by Enterprise Ireland and IDA under its Technology Centres programme and is the national centre for applied data analytics and machine intelligence. Its market-focussed agenda is developed in conjunction with its strong membership base of over 80 MNCs and SMEs. See www.ceadar.ie for further details.
CeADAR is led and driven by a consortium of companies from the data analytics industry, both national and international. It brings together Irish researchers, scientists and engineers in data analytics to address research challenges in the area as identified by SMEs and MNCs operating in Ireland. The research agenda is driven by the requirements of the industry membership.
CeADAR is based in UCD and is a collaboration between UCD and TU Dublin. The team conducts applied research in data analytics and develops applications in cooperation with our industry partners. The applied research at CeADAR covers broad aspects of AI and data analytics including real-time analytics, machine learning, prediction, data visualisation, data management, and data-driven interfaces.
To apply for this position please click here and enter code 014677